Dear Professor Penny,
I'm loving the clear-mount stamps for so many reasons but sometimes they don't stick very well. Do you have any tips you can share on how to make them adhere better to the blocks?
A Sticky Solution
Aren't clear-mount stamps a great addition? I love them too! But you're right- getting them to cling to the blocks can sometimes be tricky, especially if you live in a humid climate.
Luckily, I've got some great tips. Start by making sure the block is clean; cleaning them with the Clear Block Cleaning Cloth (item 121779) and rubbing alcohol or glass cleaner works great. Once your block is squeaky clean, apply the stamp to the block firmly- you can't damage the stamp or the block, so push hard. You can tell if you pushed hard enough by turning the block over (rubber side down) and looking at the air bubbles. If the air bubbles are flat, you're good. If they're still nice and round, push harder until those bubbles flatten out.
If the stamp is still not sticking, try these two quick fixes:
* Apply just a little squiggle of 2-Way Glue (item 100425) on the label of the stamp and let it dry completely. It dries clear but is a little tacky, which helps the stamp stick to the block better.
* Because the foam on the clear stamps has a stronger cling than the label, try using the stamps without the labels. This only works on stamps that you haven't labeled thought. If you've already labeled your stamps, don't try to pull the label off; you'll damage the stamp and the label!
Be sure to check out our Clear Mount 101 video too. You'll find out lots more about the clear-mount stamps!
I'll add a few tips too:
* I find it's easier to put the stamp rubber side down and then put the block on top of the stamp and press together. This way I can see when it's adhered.
* Sometimes rubbing the block on your pants leg helps- the friction warms up the block a little and helps the stamp stick. Or try huffing on it so your breath warms the block.
* If you're in a hurry, put a little adhesive on the label of the stamp. Just make sure you clean it off your block when you're done or it will stick to other things! You can leave it on the label if you put it back in the case right away. Otherwise it could stick to something and get lost.
E-mail, call or text me your order, or
Order Online: www.denalenneman.stampinup.net
click on "Shop" in the upper right corner