I love my punches! But they are kind of big and bulky, so finding a way to store them all can be tricky. I was so excited when I saw the new Punch Caddy in the Idea Book & Catalog, but unfortunately, they had some major issues with the manufacturer and they aren’t available. I think they ended up scrapping the idea. So I’ll stick with my tried and true way of storing my punches.
These are the top drawers of the containers I keep my stamps in. They are only about half as tall, so the punches fit perfectly.
I love how the new style punches are flat and can be stacked.
If you don’t have room to store them like this, you could use an over-the-door shoe organizer. The punches fit in the pockets that are designed for shoes. They are usually clear so you can see what’s in them. Or you can hang towel bars on the wall- the punches sit on them. If you do a search for them you should be able to find lots of ideas, but I’ve heard the flat ones from Ikea are ideal. I haven’t seen them in person, though. I’m trying to stay out of Ikea until we get a new house, then watch out! I’ve already been planning my next stamp room!
Some tips for your punches:
• If your punch isn’t punching well, punch a piece of tin foil to sharpen it.
• If your punch is sticking a little, punch a piece of wax paper.
• Most punches are only designed to punch through one layer of cardstock. If you need to do more layers, punch one, then line it up with the next layer and punch again.
• Always stamp first and then turn your punch over to line it up and punch. Much easier than punching and then trying to line up the stamp!
• If the piece you want to punch is too small to hold on to while it’s in the punch, take a scrap of cardstock, put a little adhesive on a corner and attach the piece you want to punch. The scrap acts like a handle.
Next month: Big Shot Dies