Last year we made samples of all the embossing folders using the Top Note die, which is now discontinued. I don't want to show these since the die can't be ordered, so rather than throwing them away, I decided to make them into cards! Here's the first one:
Colors: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Cucumber Crush, Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
You may have noticed that I only shared 4 cards from the Stamp-a-Stack this time, when usually I have 5. I was going to do a card with Sprinkles of Life and the Tree Builder Punch, but the punch is on backorder. I ended up having everyone make a Paper Pumpkin Kit project instead, and I've already shared them. You can see them here if you missed them.
The next Stamp-A-Stack will be on Saturday July 18th.
The first card from last Saturday's Stamp-A-Stack is similar to the card set I shared last week. I really like these butterflies! The stamps are multi-layered which is a great way to easily add color. Using the thinlit to add the outline really dresses them up! I used note cards and envelopes so everyone could use the Envelope Framelits and Envelope Paper.
Yesterday I shared an envelope I made using the new Envelope Paper and told you I goofed up my first attempt with it. Yeah, I was a little tired and didn't really pay attention to what I was doing, so instead of a nice envelope I ended up with lines that weren't where they belonged! I forgot to line up with the score line I had just made when I turned the paper and lined them up at the measurement again. After looking at it for awhile, I realized I had the makings for a box rather than an envelope! I added a couple lines and punches and turned it into this:
Voila! A cute little box that's just the right size for 4 1/4" square cards! So of course I had to make some to match! I made 1 card like this and a panel to add to the front of the box:
I decided to play with the new Envelope Paper today. Of course I started with the Delightful Dijon- it's my least favorite of the new In Colors. I just don't care for yellows! My first envelope I made using the Envelope Punch Board didn't turn out so well. Apparently I shouldn't be using tools that have specific directions when I'm tired! I'll share what I did with that tomorrow. Today I'll share the projects that did turn out!
First up, an envelope for a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card:
That took a piece of paper that was 8 x 8", so I used one of the 4" pieces I cut to make an envelope liner with the Envelope Liner Framelits:
It doesn't go as far down into the envelope as it should, but I think it will work just fine.
This also shows you how I store my Envelope Liner Framelits- I cut a piece of Magnetic Vent Cover to fit in the plastic envelope they come in. This way I can move them easily and they stay together.